Lettering for Snail Mail
Hello nurses! To honor and celebrate you during Nurses Week, we’ve put together a week chock-full of virtual events. These virtual events are meant to inspire, connect, and give you a bit of a breather from your day-to-day.
This Nurses Week event series is crafted for nurses of all kinds, so invite your nurse friends and family to virtually join us!
We could all use a little snail mail right now. Why? Handwritten notes spread love and gratitude.
Practicing gratitude can help combat fear, stress and anxiety and lettering is a calming, meditative activity. In this class, you'll learn basic lettering techniques and how to apply them to snail mail. Use your learnings as a nightly meditative exercise or to spread love to friends, family or anyone who needs it right now (aka everyone).
What materials would be helpful to bring?
- Printout of "Learn to Letter with Artist Linda Nguyen"
- Crayola Supertip or Broad Line Markers (or any other non-brush tip markers)
- Black fineliner pen (ex: Pigma Micron 03)
- White gel pen (ex: Uni-ball Signo UM153)
- White A5 or A6 envelope
- 2 sheets of printer paper