2. Pay the associated fees
3. Submit completed and notarized Affidavit of Eligibility form (mail in or attach it to the online application)
4. Recent 2”x2”, full-faced passport type photo, signed and dated on the front.
5. Submit a copy of vital statistics birth certificate or passport (hospital birth certificates are not accepted).
6. Copy of social security card, permanent resident card or a resident alien identification card assigned to a resident alien who does not have a social security number.
7. Copy of nursing license in another state or jurisdiction in this country or territory or dependency of the United States.
8. Provide evidence of continued competence through employer certification (p.g. 13 of application)
9. Provide proof of residence- driver’s license; voter registration card or state issued identification card.
10. Copy of legal documents that authorizes a change in name (if applicable).
You now qualify for a temporary license and will need to complete the remaining tasks before the temporary license expires in order to receive a permanent license.
11. Request verification from your original state of licensure.
12. Official transcripts (if applicable)
13. Complete the criminal background check requirements
Renewal of your license occurs every 2 years (even years)
Required continuing education contact hours - you must complete at least one of the following: