Download Process Pdf
1. Complete an application for Licensure by Endorsement online
2. Upload the following documents with your application:
- A passport type photo signed and dated on the front. The date must be no more than 6 months prior to the date of the application.
- Copy of nursing diploma or transcript from initial nursing education or request an official transcript to be mailed directly from your educational institution. Additional information is needed if you were educated outside of the US.
- Completed, signed and notarized declaration of citizenship form with required proof of citizenship documentation.
- Obtain and upload documents relative to any criminal conviction along with a letter of explanation (if applicable).
3. Submit the associated fee with application
4. Complete Background Check
5. Request verification from your original state of licensure
- If the state participates in Nursys, you must complete the Nursys verification process, pay their fee and designate Tennessee as the receipt of the verification.
- If the state does not participate in Nursys, you must contact their state Board directly for further instructions. You will need to send them the Verification of License form to complete and submit to the Tennessee Board of Nursing on your behalf.