1.Complete an application for Licensure by Endorsement online
2. Pay the associated fees
3. Complete a criminal background check through Identogo with the service code: 228NJX
- You can complete your fingerprints in-state or out-of-state. It is encouraged for you to complete them electronically, but if there is not a service provider locally you can request to have them done on ink and paper. If they are not done electronically, you will need to mail in the completed fingerprint cards.
- If you complete your finger prints out of state you will need to submit a fingerprint card by mail
4. Verification from your original state of licensure and the state you are currently employed.
- If the state participates in Nursys, you must complete the Nursys verification process, pay their fee and designate West Virginia as the receipt of the verification.
- If the state does not participate in Nursys, you must contact their state Boards directly for further instructions. You will need to send them a Verification of Licensure form to complete and then they will submit it directly to the West Virginia Board of Nursing on your behalf.
5. If you answer “yes” to any discipline related questions you will need to submit the following documents: narrative and/or supporting documents as required and submit certified copies of court documents as required (if applicable).