By downloading this content, you are opting into our other marketing materials
Fill out the information below to receive the full guide in your email inbox.
1. Complete an application for Licensure by Endorsement online or mail it in.
2. Pay the associated fees
3. Submit the request for a temporary license
4. Submit a recent 2” x 2” passport-type photograph of yourself
5. Fingerprints & Complete Background Check
6. Proof of 12th Grade Education
7. Verification of license from your original nursing license
8. Documents and/or letters explaining prior convictions or disciplinary action and attesting to your rehabilitation (if applicable).
9. For international graduates - send a breakdown of the educational program for international nursing programs form to your school with the Request for Transcript form. Also, provide the Certified English Translation form to your certified translator if your transcript is not in English. (See Supplemental Application Instructions for International Graduates.)
Renewal of your license occurs every 2 years
Renewal of your license is done online through BreEZe
30 required contact hours
You may work pending your license renewal providing that the renewal fee has been submitted timely and all renewal requirements have been met.
California does not participate in Nursys and if you need to verify your CA license, please follow the following steps.
1. Fill out the license verification form provided by the state in which you are seeking licensure. If there is no form, write and sign a letter of request on a blank piece of paper. Be sure either form you use indicates your CA LVN license number, your current name, the name you used when you became licensed in CA and your birth date.
2. Main both the verification form and a check or money order of $100.00 to: California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians 2535 Capitol Oaks Drive Suite 205 Sacramento, CA 95833-2945
3. Allow 4-6 weeks for the request to be processed.