1. Complete New York state’s infection control coursework requirement
2. Complete the initial application for Licensure by Endorsement (either online or mailed in)
3. Pay the associated fees
4. Have the nursing school that made you eligible to take the NCLEX examination submit the Certification of Professional Education form on your behalf.
5. Verify all current and past licenses or certificate to practice any profession
- If the state participates in Nursys, you must complete the Nursys verification process, pay their fee and designate New York as the receipt of the verification.
- If the state does not participate in Nursys, you must contact their state Board directly for further instructions. You will need to send them the Verification of License form to complete and submit to the New York Board of Nursing on your behalf.
- If you are licensed to practice another profession in a state other than New York State or in a U.S. Territory, you must complete Section I of a Verification of Other Professional Licensure/Certification