1. Apply online for Licensure by Endorsement
2. Pay the associated fees
3. Submit a recent passport type photograph (2 x 2 and no more than two years old) enclosed with the application form.
4. Your Complete Background Check must be completed through the Maine Department of Public of Safety (DPS) and the FBI based on a set of fingerprints provided to.
5. VerifIcation of licensure from your original state of licensure
6. Additional verifications are also required if you have practiced in Canada or a foreign country (if applicable).
7. Original source transcripts are required if you were prepared in a foreign country or completed a generic to master accelerated program (if applicable).
*If anything is missing the Main Board of Nursing will reach out to you to produce more documents or make corrections. The second review takes 24-36 hours and you will be able to check the status online and verify licensure.
Renewal of your license occurs every 2 years
No required contact hours