Download Process PDF
1. Complete the application for Licensure by Endorsement online
- Provide information about your degree
- Provide information regarding your original state of licensure; license type, license number, and status
- Employment information for the preceding five years of employment as a nurse
- Proof of a valid United States Social Security Number
2. Pay the associated fees online
3. The Board of Nursing must receive your Complete Background Check and waivers. A temporary permit may be issued while your background check is processing.
- You can go into the Kansas State Board of Nursing office to have a live scan of your prints done (Monday - Friday 8:00a-3:30p) no appointment necessary.
- You can request a fingerprint card online and wait 7-10 business days for your request to be processed and arrive in the mail. Once you receive it, you can be fingerprinter wherever you are located and mail them to the Kansas State Board of Nursing with the appropriate fee.
4. The Board of Nursing must receive proof of your current license in another state.
- This does not need to be official. For instance, if you are currently licensed in California you do not need to send an official verification form. You can just send in a copy of your license or a print out of your online verification.
You now qualify for a temporary license and must complete the following steps before your temporary license expires in order to receive a permanent license.
5. Official transcripts
- Request that they are sent directly to Kansas State Board of Nursing from your nursing program, via U.S. Mail, Parchment or National Student Clearinghouse.
6. Verification of original states license
- If the state participates in Nursys, you must complete the Nursys verification process, pay their fee and designate Kansas as the receipt of the verification.
- If the state does not participate in Nursys, you must contact their state Board directly for further instructions. You will need to send them a blank Verification of License form to complete and submit to the Kansas State Board of Nursing on your behalf.
7, You must mail all required legal documents and an explanatory letter to Board to support convictions noted on your application (if applicable).