1. You must come into the Arizona Board of Nursing office and complete the licensure by endorsement application and pay the fees at the lobby kiosk.
2. You must bring a completed fingerprint card.
3. Must have a job offer letter with a start date within 7 days. Your name must be in the letter, with the start date, on the letterhead of the agency.
4. You must bring lawful presence documents and photo identification.
5. You must have 960 hours of employment within the last 5 years (if the program was completed more than 5 years ago)
6. If you are a foreign educated nurse applicant, you must have a copy of your Visa screen or CGFNS with your CGFNS ID number (if applicable).
1. Submit an application for Licensure by Endorsement online
2. Provide a minimum of 960 practice hours and/or six months of nursing employment (if the program was completed more than 5 years ago)
3. Pay the associated fees
4. Verification of original state of licensure
5. Citizenship/lawful presence documentation
7. Armed forces nurses - have military transcripts sent directly to the Arizona Board of Nursing (if applicable).
Renewal of your license occurs every 4 years
One of the following within the past 5 years:
1. Have a passing score on the National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEX) or the State Board Test Pool Exam (SBTPE).
2. Have a previous or current license in another state or territory.
3. Have met one of the following practice requirements:
4. Hold a Diploma, Associate Degree or Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing from an approved program or LPN applicants hold a Diploma or Certificate from an approved program.
5. Have Board approval for applicants under investigation.
6. If you were educated in a foreign country, including Canada and Puerto Rico, you must follow the Foreign Educated Requirements for further requirements.