1. Complete an application for Licensure by Endorsement online
2. Verification of your original state licensure
3. Complete Background Check - Obtained either by Arkansas Live Scan fingerprint scanning or ink-based fingerprint card.
*Timing is weeks faster if you decide to get your fingerprints done through Live Scan. The Board of Nursing receives the results within a week, rather than waiting 4-6 weeks for the fingerprint cards.
4. If you were educated outside of the United States, you must also complete this checklist.
5. If you have not been engaged in the active practice of nursing for a period greater than five (5) years, you need to document completion of the following:
Renewal of your license occurs every 2 years
15 required contact hours, national certification/recertification, or completion of one college credit hour course in nursing with grade C or better.