1. Complete Background Check & Fingerprints
- Electronic (in Maryland only). Print the last page of the CHRC form and take it to one of the approved sites.
- If you are an out-of-state resident you need to request a fingerprint card for Maryland to obtain your CJIS number, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you received your fingerprint packet you will need to have your prints rolled/inked on the cards. Then you will mail in the completed cards with the associated fees.
2. Verification of your original state license
- If the state participates in Nursys, you must complete the Nursys verification process, pay their fee and designate Maryland as the receipt of the verification.
- If the state does not participate in Nursys, you must contact their state Board directly for further instructions. You will need to send them the Verification of License form to complete and submit to the Maryland State Board of Nursing on your behalf.
3. Complete the oral English test (TOEFL) only if you were educated outside of the United States. If you have an advanced degree from a US college or university you are exempt from this requirement.
4. Complete the application online for Licensure by Endorsement including the following information:
- A digital passport style photo in the PNG or JPG file format
- The 12 digit number from under the barcode on the purple fingerprint card or the tracking number on the LIvescan receipt
- An active license in another state
5. Pay the associated fees
6. A transcript evaluation is required if you were educated outside the United States (if applicable).