1.Complete application for Licensure by Endorsement online
- Provide a valid United States Social Security Number
2. Official transcript
- You must request your nursing program to submit an official transcript with your basic nursing degree and date conferred to the Mississippi Board of Nursing in a sealed envelope or via eScrip-Safe.
3. Verification of original state of licensure
- If the state participates in Nursys, you must complete the Nursys verification process, pay their fee and designate Mississippi as the receipt of the verification.
- If the state does not participate in Nursys, you must contact their state Board directly for further instructions. You will need to send them the Verification of License form to complete and submit to the Mississippi Board of Nursing on your behalf.
4. Criminal background check
- Mississippi residents: If Mississippi is your legal primary state of residence, you must call the Board to schedule an appointment to be fingerprinted.
- Out-of-State residents: If your legal primary residence is in another state, a Mississippi Board of Nursing fingerprint card and instructions will be mailed directly to you following the submission of your application for licensure.